Friday, March 26, 2010

Spring Break

Spring Break is over in three days. What have I done? I always talk about how we need to make a difference, if you're bored, do something about it but whatever you do make your life count. Have I done that? It seems like every night I've been bored or sleeping. During the day, its chores, hang out with friends, water polo, eat.

Day 1: Go to the Beach with Makana
This was a fun day. My niece is the shit so she's more of like a best friend. She slept over like the first day of Spring break so we watched movies, talked crap about people and crashed earlier than expected. We went to the beach when we finally woke up. It was like we expected it to be epic, we made lunch, packed it, grabbed our suits and ditched. Kam III was our destination. It's amazing how I don't have to fill silence when I'm with her. I guess that comes from just years of knowing everything about each other. In the end it just doesn't matter if we don't have anything to say "companionable silence" its called. I like it. I like the silence.

Day 2: SAT's

What can I say about the SAT's or as the perfect score puts it, "suck ass test" I'm pretty sure I failed but I'm okay with that, if I fail the SAT's I can't get into Brown and maybe we can all just give up on this ridiculous illusion that I'm going to do with something with my life and I can just go to art school. How amazing are those homework assignments where you are allowed to create something to describe what you're thinking. Amazing. One thing crossed off my bucket list, quote Dumbledore in an important essay. Check :)

Day 3: Saying Goodbye

May cause bouts of depression, boredom, and unnatural need to shock people. Overall, sucks ass.

Day 4: Shopping with mom

I complain about my mom all the time but there are times when I just need her to like restore me to my former self. One cure: Savers shopping spree. I love Savers. That place is like a treasure trove of wonder. Loot? 2 pairs of boots, dress, amazing jacket, 2 sweaters and something else, I just can't remember. I hate changing clothes but I didn't really mind that day. I needed it. I was bored as hell.

Day 5: St. Patrick's Day, Movies and Serpico's?

Yeah I was supposed to go to the movies, shutter island to be exact but I was broke so no. Ninja Assassin at a friend's house is much better. (I won) <-- Inside thing. I think I was like one of the only 10 people on the island wearing green on St. Patrick's Day. I love my water polo girls, even when we're all being obnoxious about a boy in a restaurant. This day was pretty much just filled with inside jokes and good memories :)

Day 6 : The New Hampshire Girls

Dartmouth was an amazing team. The girls are all so nice and I think they helped the team a lot in how aggressive we are in the water. They taught us more defensive tactics and pretty much just got us working. It was a nice change, kind of like having Coach Ailani back.

Day 7: Cupcakes and Tutti Frutti

Now matter when I go to Tanya's house, I always end up cooking something. At least this time I was scheduled to be working in the kitchen :) Tanya's mom needed cupcakes for the rodeo on Sunday so I volunteered to make them for her as long as she supplied the food and oven. It was fun. I love hanging out with Tanya, its cruise and meaningless conversation about boys and how we look. Quality girl time. Not to mention Ryan brought us Tutti Frutti. He's a keeper :)

Day 8: Family Time
The Freitas family is like my blood family. I've grown up in that house and after all the times I have moved, its nice to have like a base that I can always go back to. I love my family.

Day 9: Rodeo & Another Movie?

There's not much to say about this day. The rodeo was fun and so was the movie at my friend's house. Both made me incredibly confused but that's okay right? Confusion makes life interesting....I hope.

Day 10: Reina's Birthday

The Volleyball game was fun. It was just another family day, always helpful when feeling confused and all around like crap. It's like I have 10 little superheroes on hand whenever I need them. Happy 17th Reina :)

Day 11: Detours

Kolu and I were supposed to go the Lavender Farm before practice to like reconnect or just hang out since we actually haven't really spent any time together since the play. We decided that we wouldn't be able to fit a long trip back into Kula before practice so we went to Cameron's house (mansion) instead. Those guys are so funny. Swim team + Drama club jokers together = really funny.

Day 12: Photo shoot
I love Rachel. Its weird not hanging out with the people you eat lunch with everyday for like two weeks. Luckily we got to hang out and do a photo shoot. I needed a chance to really use my camera and she loves fashion so it worked out well. The theme was colors so we threw on colorful clothes and hiked into her gulch in the back :) (Me off course with the new boots) It was fun. I definitely prefer to be behind the camera. My subjects just look so much better than me anyway.

Looking back, I guess my spring break wasn't a total bust. I re-connected with people who I just needed one on one time with. I did make it count, I let my mind rest, I had fun. And I think that's what spring break is meant for. I'm ready to go back to school, just not ready for those early mornings. :P

Love & Dreamland,

Kaio


2 comments:

  1. "companionable silence" <-- I like that.

    And sounds like you did have a good break. See you in school lovey. (:

    ReplyDelete